Health Policy Report - August 16, 2011
In this issue:
- With the naming of the members of the Budget Control Act Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction (Select Committee), the cancer care community is continuing to urge for opposition to Medicare cancer cuts. Find out how you can get involved with community grassroots advocacy.
- Physician Groups are asking the Select Committee to implement a long-term SGR fix – read about groups’ recent outreach to the committee members.
- CMS has released the results of its five-year Physician Group Practice Demonstration, described by the agency as a model for accountable care organizations (ACOs).
- A federal appeals court has ruled against the Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual coverage mandate, making it more likely that the case will ultimately be seen before the Supreme Court.
- Read about the newly released proposed rules on insurance exchange enrollment, Medicaid eligibility and premium tax credits.
Please click here to review the report.